Skip to content

Chlorine Dioxide – MMS

November 5, 2011

Chlorine Dioxide is a compound that has been used to treat municipal drinking water in the United States and Europe for over 50 years.It has been called “bottled oxygen”, and has been around for many years as an effective method of killing germs, bacteria, and pathogens in the water.The discovery of chlorine dioxide dates all the way back to 1814 with a man named Sir Humphrey Davy. Davy mixed sulfuric acid with potassium chlorate, thus discovering the then unknown chemical compound we now call chlorine dioxide. Chlorine dioxide is strong and
very volatile and highly soluble in water.

ClO2 is effective against pollutants found in waste water like cyanides, nitrites and sulfides, 3,4-benzopyrene, iron and manganese, tastes and odors produced by algae, the dyes produced by chlorophyll and plants, pesticides. Unlike chlorine, chlorine dioxide does not create THMs,principally trihalomethanes (THMs) ,a carcinogenic by-product.

In the U.S, the Safe Water Drinking Act,passed amendments to increase the use of chlorine dioxide while decreasing the use of chlorine as a water treatment chemical.ClO2 kills pathogens by oxidation, not chlorination. Perhaps this is why, the late 90’s, the American Society of Analytical chemists declared this chlorine dioxide to be the most powerful known killer of pathogens currently known to man – this is not a small statement by any measurement.

The man who created the Miracle Mineral Supplement or the MMS solution is Jim Humble, a metallurgist and a gold miner.During a prospecting trip in South America he stumbled upon what he now calls the Miracle Mineral Solution, an orally ingested liquid compound that when used as directed creates a chlorine dioxide formula.If the compound could clean water and still leave it safe to drink, surely a similar reaction could occur in a human body comprised of over seventy percent water. He improved the effectiveness of the chlorine dioxide by adding vinegar, which contains citric acid. Citric acid activates the chlorine dioxide and makes it work much more effectively.

A full cult had been created around the Miracle Mineral Supplement and its discoverer, Jim Humble has become a bit of a celebrity in his own right. With numerous books and lecture series under his belt, Humble has refuted the idea that MMS leaves dangerous amounts of chlorine dioxide in the body. Thanks to Jim Humble’s addition, chlorine dioxide is now one of the best substances to use to kill off a wide range of harmful pathogens.

Advertisements
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: